Monday 10 November 2014

Amsterdam 31st Oct to 1st Nov

Hi guys, so I wanted to do a post on my recent little Holiday to Amsterdam which was amazing! This post is a little late but I've been busy. I want to just brief you through the things I did, so I hope it won't be too long for you guys to read.

So I went on the Thursday in October Half term, I had an afternoon flight at Southend Airport and flight took off at three so we got to Southend airport by Train from Stratford by 1. Southend airport is very basic and still developing, so it only had one rather one overpriced coffee shop. I love airports! The millions of checks, the shops and everything is just so cool! So we checked in and headed over to our gate where the Easy jet plane heading to Amsterdam was.

I took the window seat :) 


As I boarded, some very happy people where cheering even before take off had began... Lol so the air hostesses and cabin crew paraded up and down and did the safety procedure and we took off. I do not like that feeling in your stomach when you take off but I had no choice!

It took about 45 minutes for the plane to get to Amsterdam, Schipol and when we got out of the plane it was raining, but anything is warmer than London.

We then took a taxi to our hotel in Haarlemerstraat, which is really close to the Amsterdam City Centre. Our hotel was called hotel ''Quentin Arrive'' lovely little vintage hotel, however killed us with the stairs we had to climb as we were on the third floor.

Cute little triple bedroom, very cosy
The stairs that killed me, just imagine that X3
My view from the window
We arrived at the hotel in the evening, the rest of the evening was about recovering from flight mode and getting something to eat. I do remember quite well that we were room number 318. Later that night we took a walk and went to a Kebab shop. Walking around I was so amused on how anything and almost everything is cannabis themed, it was really fascinating lol... I'm sure you guys know that Amsterdam is a bit of a naughty country.

Beautiful Architecture

Walking around





Haarlemmersraat (A long street of shops and restaurants)
Overall, we went for a family rest and break... not really to see Holland Lol, just a get away. We didn't tour much but it was still a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment