Sunday 5 April 2015

300th Post: Letraset Promarkers vs Copic Ciao REVIEW

Hey Marker Lovers! This is a post for you guys, (all marker lovers). Today I will be comparing the Letraset Promarkers and Copic Ciao markers and I can do it properly now because I have both products. Let's begin, i'll start with a quick overview of both markers for those who don't know what i'm on about lol.


Copic is a Japanese brand and their markers are originally meant for manga artists but illustrators and designers have started using them too. They're are used by many professionals and are known as the markers at the top pricey end of art materials. 

Pro's:
  • Twin Tipped - A broad tip and a thin tip
  • Most high quality marker on the market - It's nicknamed the Worlds best marker because it's of extreme high quality
  • Vibrant, bright and bold colour
  • Refillable 
  • Bullet tip has a paintbrush feel so you can control the strokes easily.
  • 180 colours to choose from.
Con's:
  • Very expensive 
  • Only work best on Copic paper or tough but smooth card
  • Has a certain strange scent
My experience with Copics:

I got my Copic's for my birthday so not that long ago, I got the 72 B set and it cost my parents £149 from eBay. So far I really like them and bit by bit i'm getting the hang of them. My favourite thing about them is the bullet tip and how it's really similar to a paint brush and then you can really control the ink and where it goes.


Letraset is a British Brand, who make different types of markers such as; Flex Markers and Aqua Markers but Promarkers have been their most successful so far. It is important not to get put off by the things you hear people say, because often when doing your research before buying them (like now) you'll see people say things like "It's the cheaper version of Copic" or "It's a cheap marker". It's not. Promarkers are twin tipped just like Copics and are alcohol based and non toxic, they aren't as expensive as Copic's but they are still pricey.

Pro's:
  • Multi Surface application 
  • Bright and Bold
  • Can be blended and overlaid to create tone and depth
  • Twin tipped
  • High Quality colour 
  • 148 Colours to choose from
Con's:
  • Not refillable 
  • Have a certain strange scent
  • Can leak 
My experience with Promarkers: 

I first started using Promarkers in late 2013, I found out about them when watching a fashion illustration channel called FSketcher. Every since then they have helped me a lot. I saw a significant improvement in my drawings when they came along. I have bought so many Promarkers, I think I have around 60, and I have bought most of them individually and with them costing around £1.50 Each that's more than £60 spent on them. As they were my first markers I really did fall in love with them. Most of my Promarkers come from either Ebay, ArtDiscount.com or Hobbycraft (however they're overpriced there at £2.50 each. 

Is the product accessible to it's audience?

Both Copic's and Promarkers are for people who love drawing and want to create realism in their drawings. Both markers are ideal for: 
  • Manga Artists
  • Fashion illustrators
  • Graphic designers 
Is it well worth the price? 

Copic:

I think Copic's are a little overpriced, there's nothing they do that promarkers don't do (except refill). It's just that copic has the name. Anyway they are worth buying because they are like the King of markers. They are quite pricey but if your art looks the part, you might just end up Earning back what you paid to get Copics.

Promarkers: 

Definitely. Promarkers aren't that expensive and they serve it's purpose, they last for a while (depends how much you use them).

To conclude, they're both good markers. If you're looking for a starter type of thing go for Promarkers, once your familiar with them invest in Copics. 

I now have both these products so if you want to ask me any questions about them please do comment. I hope you guys enjoyed this post, Please comment, share and do follow my blog via GFC and i'll follow back. 

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment